Carbon raw materials include: natural graphite, recycled graphite, graphite electrodes, medium and coarse-grained graphite, high-purity graphite, isostatic graphite, graphite derivatives and other raw materials for graphite products, carbon materials used in different industries and different usage scenarios The raw materials are also different, let’s take a look at it in detail:
1. Natural graphite is naturally formed graphite. It generally occurs in ores such as graphite schist, graphite gneiss, graphite-containing schist and metamorphic shale. Because the carbon content is not as good as that of artificial graphite, it is widely used in low-carbon graphite products. Among them, such as: carbon bricks, electrode paste, carbon refractories, etc.
2. Regenerated graphite is mainly a graphite product produced by using artificial graphite electrode powder with a certain proportion of asphalt binder. Because of its low cost and simple production process, it is often used in some low-cost submerged arc furnace smelting, but due to its high resistance , The bending resistance is poor, and it is prone to breakage loss in the process of use.
3. Graphite electrode is a kind of artificial graphite product. Because of its wide product level and high production technology, it is the most widely used graphite product in metallurgy and smelting. The graphite electrode layer includes ordinary power graphite electrode, high power graphite electrode, ultra-high Power graphite electrodes, etc. As a professional graphite electrode manufacturer, Zhonghong New Materials produces dozens of graphite electrode products of various levels and specifications.
4. There are graphite products with different particle sizes of 0.8-5mm for medium and coarse-grained graphite. The smaller the particle size, the stricter the production process requirements and the higher the corresponding production cost. Of course, different graphite products require the use of different particles of graphite raw materials.
5. High-purity graphite is also called molded graphite. It is a multi-level product of one-dipping, two-baking, two-dipping, three-baking, and three-dipping and four-baking. Due to the small particles (calculated by mesh), the product production process is complex, and the product level is high. Graphite products are the most widely used graphite raw materials, and the industries used include metallurgy, mold, chemical industry, aerospace, mechanical accessories and other fields.
6. Isostatic graphite is currently the most advanced raw material for graphite products in carbon graphite products. Due to the complex production process and long cycle, the production equipment and technical requirements are relatively high. The most widely used ones are photovoltaic and vacuum furnace smelting. Some special isostatic graphites are also used in aerospace and nuclear manufacturing industries.
Do you know which carbon raw material should be used for graphite products?