1. When choosing the diameter of graphite electrode, please refer to the allowable current load and current density of the electrode.
2. Transport and storage of graphite electrodes should avoid rain, snow, water wetting and drying before use.
3. Graphite electrodes should be handled lightly during loading, unloading and transportation, and threads should be well protected against impact and damage. It is better to use special lifting gear in the process of loading, unloading and lifting.
4. Before connecting the new electrodes and joints, the threaded holes of the electrodes are cleaned by compressed air, and then the joints and electrodes are installed as required. When the ends of the two electrodes are 20–30 mm apart, the second soot blowing and tightening of the electrodes and joints are carried out.
5. If lifting electrodes with iron joints, it is necessary to ensure that the joint threads do not deform, so as not to damage the electrode threads.
6. When the carbon electrodes are connected, the motor is connected well by the torque value specified by the torque wrench.
7. The elevating device of the electric furnace should not be swayed during operation to prevent the electrode joint from loosening, discounting or breaking.
8. The electrode holder holds the electrode in the safety line of the electrode.