There are many kinds of graphite products, different uses in various industries, and thousands of kinds of graphite products. According to the characteristics of graphite, it has a wide range of applications in industry, such as metallurgy, machinery, petroleum, chemical industry, nuclear industry, national defense and other fields. Graphite products are frequently used in the following industries.
1. Graphite products as refractories: in metallurgical industry, the crucible made of graphite is used to smelt precious metals such as nonferrous metals and special steels, which are used as lining magnesia carbon brick of steel-making furnace; in addition, it is also used as heat preservation agent, protective slag and ladle covering agent for steel-making and pouring ingot.
2. Graphite products as conductive materials: in the electrical industry, graphite can be used as electrode, brush, electric rod, carbon tube, picture tube and vacuum tube coating.
3. Graphite products and graphite blocks as wear-resistant materials and lubricants: they can be used as wear-resistant and lubricating materials in the mechanical industry, because graphite can work within the temperature range of – 200-2000 ℃, and can slide at the speed of 100M / s without lubricating oil. Graphite lubricants include oil, water, powder, colloidal graphite, graphite grease, graphite packing, etc.
4. Graphite products with graphite as sealing material: flexible or expanded graphite is used as piston ring gasket, sealing ring and cylinder gasket of centrifugal shaft, water turbine, gas turbine and equipment conveying corrosive medium.
5. Graphite products as corrosion-resistant materials: graphite can be used to make utensils, pipes and equipment, such as heat exchanger, reaction tank, pickling tank, etc. because of its resistance to various gases and liquids, it is widely used in petroleum, chemical industry, hydrometallurgy and other departments.
6. Thermal insulation, high temperature resistance and radiation protection materials: neutron retarder and shell in nuclear reactor, nozzle of rocket, nose cone of missile, aerospace equipment parts, thermal insulation materials, radiation protection materials, etc.