The main raw material for CARBON ELECTRODE manufacturing is preheating anthracite or anthracite, in which part of recycled materials (such as broken electrode) or cast coke are added, bituminous coal pitch or pitch containing anthracene oil is used as binder, and a small amount of natural graphite is added and extruded and roasted.
The performance of CARBON ELECTRODE and the regulations of heavy color 1922-55 issued by the Ministry of metallurgical industry are as follows:
1. The joint and joint paste are supplied together with the electrode. The quantity is one joint for each electrode, 5kg joint paste per ton of electrode.
2. After the electrode is connected with a joint, the end clearance shall not exceed 0.5mm.
3. When the electrodes are connected together, the deviation between the center line of one electrode and the center line of the other electrode shall not exceed 3mm.
4. The bending of any diameter electrode shall not exceed 0.5% of its length. It is allowed to supply shorter electrodes, but not less than one meter, the quantity of which shall not exceed 10% of the total weight in each batch.
5. The drop depth on the edge of electrode end shall not be greater than 10 mm, and the total length shall not be greater than 40 mm. The length of the drop block of the joint hole and the thread on the joint is allowed to be no more than 15 mm, no more than two places, and no transverse crack is allowed on the electrode and the joint.