1. As refractory material, it includes refractory brick, crucible, continuous casting powder, mold core, mold detergent and high temperature resistant material.
Magnesia carbon brick magnesia carbon refractories were developed by the United States in the mid-1960s. Magnesia carbon brick has been widely used in steelmaking worldwide and has become a traditional use of graphite. Aluminum carbon brick aluminum carbon refractories are mainly used for continuous casting, protective cover of flat billet self position pipeline, underwater nozzle and oil well blasting barrel, etc.
The crucible and its related products made of graphite, such as crucible, neck flask, plug and nozzle, are of high fire resistance and low thermal expansion. In the process of melting metal, they are also stable when they are soaked and washed by metal. They have good thermal shock stability and excellent thermal conductivity at high temperature. Therefore, the graphite disaster increasing and its related products are widely used in direct melting metal In the process.
Graphite and other impurity materials can be used as carburizers in steel-making industry. Carburizing uses a wide range of carbonaceous materials, including artificial graphite, petroleum coke, metallurgical coke and natural graphite. In the world, graphite is still one of the main uses of earthy graphite.
3. As conductive material
Graphite is widely used as electrode, brush, carbon rod, carbon tube, mercury rectifier positive electrode, graphite gasket, telephone parts, TV picture tube coating and so on. Among them, graphite electrode is the most widely used one. When smelting various alloy steels and ferroalloys, graphite electrode is widely used. The graphite used in the electrical industry has a high demand for granularity and grade.
4. As wear-resistant and lubricating material
Graphite is often used as a lubricant in the mechanical industry. Lubricating oil can’t be used under high speed, high temperature and high pressure, while graphite wear-resistant material can work without lubricating oil under a temperature of 200 ℃ – 2000 ℃ and a very high sliding speed (loom / s). Many equipment for transporting corrosive media are widely made of graphite materials, such as piston rings, sealing rings and bearings. When they are running, they do not need to add lubricating oil. Graphite emulsion is also a good lubricant for many metal processing (wire drawing, tube drawing).
5. As corrosion-resistant material
Graphite has good chemical stability. After special processing, graphite has the characteristics of corrosion resistance, good thermal conductivity and low permeability. It is widely used in heat exchanger, reaction tank, condenser, combustion tower, absorption tower, cooler, heater, filter, pump and other equipment. These equipments are used in petrochemical, hydrometallurgy, acid and alkali production, synthetic fiber, papermaking and other industrial sectors, which can save a lot of metal materials.
6. Used in atomic energy industry and national defense industry
Graphite has a good neutron deceleration performance. It was first used as a decelerator in atomic reactor. Uranium graphite reactor is a kind of nuclear reactor which is widely used at present. The decelerating materials used in nuclear power reactors should have the properties of high melting point, stability and corrosion resistance. Graphite can fully meet the above requirements.
7. As anti scaling and anti rust material.
Graphite can prevent boiler scaling. Some tests show that adding a certain amount of graphite powder to the water can prevent the boiler surface from scaling. In addition, graphite coating on metal chimneys, roofs, bridges and pipes can prevent corrosion and rust.
8. New uses of ink
1) Flexible graphite products. Flexible graphite, also known as expanded graphite, is a new graphite product developed in the 1970s. In 1971, the United States successfully studied the flexible graphite sealing material, which solved the leakage problem of the atomic energy valve. Later, Germany, Japan and France began to develop and produce. This product not only has the characteristics of natural graphite, but also has special flexibility and elasticity. Therefore, it is an ideal sealing material, widely used in petrochemical industry, atomic energy and other industrial fields, and the demand of international market is increasing year by year.
2) Make semi-metallic friction materials. Since the 1970s, semi-metallic friction materials have been widely used in clutches and automatic linings. Semi metallic friction materials are made by bonding graphite, metal powder, steel fiber and clay powder with synthetic resin. These automatic linings are mainly used for braking devices and clutch plates of high-speed equipment, such as aircraft, trucks and off-road vehicles.