(1) long production cycle. The production cycle of ordinary power graphite electrode is about 45 days, that of ultra-high power graphite electrode is more than 70 days, and that of graphite electrode joint which needs to be impregnated many times is longer.
(2) high energy consumption. The production of 1t ordinary power graphite electrode needs to consume about 6000kW · h of electric energy, thousands of cubic meters of gas or natural gas, and 1t of metallurgical coke particles and metallurgical coke powder.
(3) there are many production processes. Production process includes raw material calcination, crushing and grinding, batching, kneading, molding, roasting, impregnation, graphitization and machining, etc. Its production needs a lot of special mechanical equipment and kilns with special structure. The construction investment is large and the investment payback period is long.
(4) a certain amount of dust and harmful gases are produced in the production process, so it is necessary to take perfect environmental protection measures of ventilation and dust reduction and elimination of harmful gases.
(5) petroleum coke and coal tar pitch are the by-products of oil refining and coal chemical enterprises. The quality and stability of raw materials are difficult to be fully guaranteed, especially for needle coke, modified electrode pitch and special impregnant pitch with low quinoline insoluble content for the production of high-power and ultra-high-power graphite electrode Attach importance to and actively cooperate.